Preparing for the Eternal Weight of Glory | galenamissions
Sunday Sermon for June 23rd 2013
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Sunday, June 9, 2013
We are beginning to get our feet under us as we process what has happened and how we can best move forward. Over the next two to three weeks we'll be looking to mobilize a couple of small teams to help in the tear out and clean up of homes. The church was largely spared major damage and will be used to house volunteers.
If you would like to come on a team or organize a team please contact Kim Kopp at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to financially contribute you can see the previous post for an avenue that will support the church in relief efforts.
Things you can be praying for:
- safety for Shell and the kids as they travel south for the summer.
- sanity for me as I serve without my family.
- prayer for the body of Christ as we live the Gospel in this situation.
Saturday, June 1, 2013
As I write this I sit in the church office of Fairhill community church of God in Fairbanks. Undoubtedly many of you have heard of the enormous floods that we've had in Galena. My own home and the church building along with many if not most of the community members homes were damaged by flood waters. Many of you have been asking how you can help. Many of you have asked how you can help in an immediate way. We need funds available to purchase needed things immediately. Would you consider going to www.akmissionconnection.org/galena-relief/
And donating as you feel led. All monies donated will be given to the Galena Bible Church for the use of rebuilding Galena and the community.
If you have resources or volunteers that you would be willing to donate to use in the restoration process please email
Things you can pray for:
- Safety for those who are still in Galena working.
- Wisdom for my leadership as we try to establish how to best recover.
- That the glory of God would be seen in how believers love this community with the Gospel.
- Pray for me and other men in the church as we return in the next few days to help with the rebuilding process.