Sunday, September 4, 2011
Praise and Prayer
1. Praise - Shell and Clint flew into Anchorage to see a pediatric cardiologist and optometrist. Our local Dr had heard a heart murmur on Clint and wanted to get it checked out. The cardiologist confirmed that in fact he heard two heart murmurs, BUT they were both quiet (this is how they gauge the severity) and that they sounded like the kind that Clint would out grow! Praise the Lord! Shell and Clint arrived home safely yesterday morning.
2. Praise - Last Sunday we had 64 people attend church! There was even a lifelong Galena resident that came for the first time in her life!
3. Prayer - Tomorrow I leave to take 6 other people down river to hunt for moose. I will not be hunting, but acting as a transporter, and pack mule for any meat that is harvested. 5 of the 7 people going need meat for this winter and we'll have the ability to get 3 moose between those able to hunt. Pray that God blesses and fills our freezers. Pray for safety as well.
4. Praise and Prayer - Today we start Sunday School again. We are so excited about the Children's ministry opportunity that God is building before us. Please pray that we would have the enthusiastic volunteers that we need to make it an impactful experience. Pray for Brad Fox as he begins to do the Adult discipleship aspect of our Sunday School as well.
5. Prayer and praise: The past month has seen 3 village elders deaths, all from natural causes. This past week a long time resident of Galena passed away. His brother attended our church from out of state while visiting him here. He shared with me how most of his brothers life had been spent in anger toward Christ and the things of God. BUT he also shared with me that the previous week, his brother had asked him what he needed to do to be right with God. His brother lead him to know Christ! Yesterday at the funeral his brother was able to share the clear Gospel to a community hall full of Galena residents! Pray that this act of God's grace would penetrate the hearts of people who knew this man.