You know you’re in Bush Alaska when…
- You do not find anything strange about the statement, “It warmed up to -31 today.”
- A half gallon of liquid bleach from the local store costs more than a movie ticket in the city.
- You understand what it means to “torch” your engine block so that your truck will start.
- You’ve been depressed because you want a snack, have looked in the pantry, not seen anything you wanted, and realized that it is EVERYTHING you have for the rest of the year.
- You know what happens when you throw boiling water in the air when it is -50.
- You regularly eat food that is past its “sell-by” date.
- A night out on the town consists of eating a snickers bar down by the river.
- The “riff-raff” at the local “mall” will not mug you, but might eat you.
- You’ve tried to find something for $1.72 so that you qualify for free shipping on Amazon.
- Your physical address is made up, and sending something General Delivery will actually get to you.
- Your village posts announcements on the radio station like “The City of Galena asks all residents to conserve any room they have left in their sewage tanks. The truck is still broken down and may not be operational at all this week.” And “To all Galena citizens and businesses, the city is asking you to hold your trash until further notice because of the trash truck failure in the cold weather.
- Your family in the lower 48 Google's directions from their house to yours and Google says "You cannot get there from here."
- You love Jesus and the people that live here so much that you choose to deal with the above mentioned things so that God can be glorified, and people can meet Jesus.
Thanks for the faithful love and prayer you have given us over the past year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!