|Galena Spring Carnival Ice Picking Competition||.|
Most of the rest of the United States is picking out summer flowers to plant, planning for early Summer vacations, and wearing shorts. In Galena...we're having snowshoe races!! Spring in Galena means longer daylight, and generally warmer days. But not always. Two weeks ago the average temperature was about -10 with wind. Lots of wind.
Tis the season for wood hauling (getting next years firewood), beaver trapping, Ptarmigan hunting, and being outside as much as possible after a winter of being inside.
Last week we were blessed to have a bunch of servant hearted missionaries from Gathering Place Church in Pineville LA come and serve in Galena for 8 days.
|The Louisiana Crew|
Things you can be praying for:
- The Annual Galena Bible Church meeting is on April 29th. Pray that God gives us leadership as a church to know his will for this coming year as we seek to set a budget, and plan a calendar for next year.
- Pray for the SEND missionaries as we seek to make stronger connections to the surrounding villages.
- Pray for dorm staff and teachers as the school year winds to a close. Pray that they would be intentional to live their faith in the lives of students.
- They are predicting a larger than normal snow melt this year which has an increased risk of flooding as the river breaks up. Pray for God's protection through that processes.
- We had close to 75 people at church for Easter morning. The Gospel was clearly presented, and I am praying that many who were there would become followers of Christ. I would ask that you pray for that with me.