Monday, May 11, 2015

Jesus Questions: Do you love me?

John 21:15  When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" 

I can't imagine what the the disciples must have felt when Jesus died and then came back to them. The emotional roller coaster of sorrow, grief, joy, uncertainty, doubt must have been exhausting. In that environment Jesus lovingly calls Peter back to the time when Jesus called him as a disciple. He also called him back to a coal fire where Peter cursed him. To both these memories, Jesus asks "Do you love me?" Jesus reminds us that he called us when we've gone astray, but he also reminds us that he loves us at our most unlovable moment. He asks you today, "____________, Do you love me?"
Delivered to the Galena Bible Church, Sunday May 10th, 2015.


No comments: