I trust that you had an excellent Christmas with family and friends. The Galena Bible Church took the opportunity to celebrate the birth of our savior with a Christmas Eve potluck and special music given by members of the church. Christmas evening was celebrated by many of the church family at one of the member's home, with food and games. What a wonderful thing it is when the church is 'of one heart'.
God has blessed Shell and I so much during this intense time of transition. From simple things like safety in travel, to important things like patience in trial we have seen God's hand in everything that has been going on around us. We want to share God's sovereign grace with you so that you, like us, can be in awe of our God of the details.
- God has lead several churches and individuals to committ to be financial supporters.
- God has enabled us to sell 80 percent of what we own (which was a major task). We now have everything we own in a 10x10 storage unit that we will move to Galena this summer.
- God has helped us to sell our home, which we closed on this past Wednesday.
- God lead Illiamna Air transport to volunteer to fly our family from Anchorage to Galena for free, with all of our groceries (all four months worth), and our dogs too! This was a HUGE blessing since that trip was going to cost us over a $1000 plus the cost of shipping our groceries!!
- God has given us favor to speak to several additional churches who are interested in partnering with the Galena Bible Church in missions.
- God has even provided a place for us to keep our homeless dogs until we fly out on the 10th of January.
We await with eager anticipation to begin serving with the Galena Bible Church. We ask that you would partner in prayer with us for these specific prayer requests.
- Pray that the Galena Bible Church would continue to love and support one another as they do now.
- Pray for Martin and Silke Hornfisher (German missionaries in Galena) that God would open doors for them to connect to people in the community.
- Pray that God would empower me to speak with boldness as I preach both morning services at FBC Ville Platt Sunday the 9th.
- Pray that my truck would sell before we leave (if you know of anyone interested let me know :) ).
- Pray for endurance as we finish out the marathon of checklists left to complete.
- Pray for protection from the enemy for my family. We have seen his attempts to attack us.
May the God of the details bless you as you rest in him. "all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16